I started the Alice Dress featured in Crochet Today March/April 2011 issue. The size I'm working on is the 8 years dress. The pattern calls for 3 colours for the bodice and it's worked from the bottom up. Each row has 2 colours, one main colour and then the other two are switched each row. While this makes a beautiful pattern, it also makes for a bulky bodice because the opposite colour is supposed to be carried across the next row. Rather than making the dress carrying the yarn across each row, I opted to finish off at the end of each row. While this is a little more work, I find that it still looks good and it's not too heavy.
The skirt is worked from the bottom of the bodice after the front and back bodice is completed. As you can see from the picture, the back is already completed and even though there are quite a few tie-ins, it worked up nicely.
Oh, if only all projects went so well.