Grow your crochet with Rose

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Catching up

I have been keeping busy for the last month or so. In fact, I can't believe how quickly June & July have passed.

We have Heritage beefsteak tomatoes & cherry tomatoes in our garden. The Heritage tomato plant is about 5' tall. The 3 cherry tomato plants are 8' tall and the regular beefsteak tomato plant is 5' tall. We're having a little trouble though. We weren't planning on quite so many tomatoes. Looks like my Mom will be taking tomatoes to the Seniors' Centre again this year.

It's been super busy at work for the last two weeks. My colleague burnt her arm and sprained her ankle in a kitchen accident and has been unable to work for the better part of the last two weeks.

I have been working with Mom on a queen sized blanket for my brother. In this hot weather, we haven't gotten many squares completed, but at least we've gotten a couple done. He lives in a basement apartment where the air conditioning keeps the temperature very cool.

I'm working on a new set of designs for the Hallowe'en pads I make. I made a set of four a few years ago to give out at Hallowe'en to the kids. Whats left I will donate to the Children's library and make my new ones.

I have been working with my brother to arrange a 25Th wedding anniversary party in August. My brother handles most of the food. I get to work on the decorations. So far I've worked out silver crocheted streamers and blue crocheted roses. Mom and Dad's wedding colours were blue and silver, so it should work well.

Gotta get back to work now. Stay cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home